Nothing much has happened to be hones but here's a quick brief;
-Year 11 mock exams (did fairly well)
-Crimbo! (Great as always, got an iPod dock which I love)
-New Year (didn't do anything too special)
-Another mock exam in January (Biology)
And that's about it, along with some not so important outings with family and friends to the cinema and out for dinner and what not. Anyway, speaking of the cinema let me get back to current events.
Last weekend I went to see The King's Speech with a friend and since I'm a die hard Colin Firth fan I knew I was going to enjoy it whether the storyline lived up to expectations or not. In the end though, the storyline DID live up to expectations and the lovely Mr Firth portrayed King George the 6th wonderfully...the director even included an element of comedy which was refreshing!
Oh God, just noticed that I sound like a professional reviewer "even included an element of..". Pinch me next time that happens please....
So, yep, The King's Speech is a recommendation to anyone who quite likes historical movies, true stories, sentimental and moving journeys or Colin Firth.
The other members of the cast were great as well, consisting of Helen Bonham Carter, Geoffrey Rush, Guy Pierce, Michael Gambon and more.
![]() |
| Promotional Poster for The King's Speech. Colin..NOMNOM. |
What other news is there? Well, I went shopping today and picked up a few pieces from New Look, the old faithful. When in doubt, go to New Look...that's what I say. I got a cute tunic dress from their 'Pussycat London' line which I've recently just discovered.
![]() |
| It's not as cute in the picture but it's really lovely... |
I also got this American-y baseball shirt thing which I thought was casually cute to throw over jeans or something.
Anyway...that's it for today! See you!



No comments:
Post a Comment