Anyway..so far I have no plans for the week although I did go shopping yesterday with my friends. Didn't buy much...only a new Maybelline foundation and a correction stick. Just essentials really. I'm never too good at buying clothes. I have to really be in the shopping mood. But anyway, it was a nice day out to start the holiday. I also bought a book, being the book worm that I am. I wanted something quite fun and light hearted, and since I've already read 2 of the three of Richard Hammond's books I decided to go for another Top Gear presenter. After ooohing and aahing over the different choices I decided to go for one of Jeremy Clarkson's many bestselling ones. It's called The World According to Clarkson and it's pretty damn funny! It's basically just a collection of the columns that Jezza wrote for The Sunday Time between 2001 and 2003. I've heard that his other books are funny as well.
So as I was googling the name of the book in so I could share the picture on here I saw on the news feed as I typed Jeremy Clarkson in that him and the other two TG presenters have received death threats....this time by my own people, the WELSH!
I'm pretty shocked to be honest. I know that a lot of people hate Clarkson and think that he's too sarcastic and outspoken but honestly..death threats? That's just pathetic. Fair enough they said some pretty bad things about the Mexicans the other day, but if you can't learn to laugh at stupid little things like that, what's the point eh? Seriously, people have gotta try and be a little more loose.
I don't know why us Welsh are getting so uptight about it anyway? I got this quote from the article.
"The on-air insults included suggestions that motorists should test drive fast cars on rural Welsh roads, “because no one wants to live there.”"
We need to get a life! Personally, I love Jezza, Richard Hammond and James May and they always give me a laugh. After 16 seasons of the show people have got to know that that's the sort of banter they have in the studio and when they're not insulting things that aren't English they're insulting each other! They're just cocky, old farts! Live and let live I say!
Here's the article if you wanna read it! :- http://www.wheels.ca/article/793871
![]() |
| And for a laugh here's a picture of Jeremy getting his face blown off in an Ariel Atom. |
Hmm...this looks like it's shaping up to be quite a long blog. Oh well!
Another thing I have to report it whilst out shopping yesterday I got a make-up lesson from a woman on the Benefit make-up counter in Debenhams. She taught me how to do the smokey eye effect using the Benefit Smokey Eye palette. I wasn't sure at first but the finished result was really cute! The products used were really good although they are pretty pricey. What I say is that if you're going to use them, why not treat yourself? Here are some of the products she used :-
![]() |
| Benefit: Smokin Eyes.. |
![]() |
| Some Kind-a Gorgeous Foundation Faker |
The last thing I have to blog is just to add what movies I've seen in the past week, and although I haven't seen anything new I did watch Love Actually (another Colin Firth number) and Notting Hill, both of which are rom-com classics and both of which I'd never seen before surprisingly! Anyway, they were both very cute chick flicks, perfect for a night in!
I've also started watching this four episode series called Mad Dogs whichis on Sky1 every Thursday at night. We've just seen the second episode now so if you're interested in watching try and catch up online!
A brief of the series is that four middle aged guys go on a jolly boys holiday to visit a rich friend in Majorca. The friend however now seems dodgy and tensions rise as the first episode plays on. The cast includes John Simm, Max Beesley, Philip Glenister and Marc Warren. I'd check it out if I were you!
And that's it for this week. I might post during the week if anything interesting happens!





No comments:
Post a Comment